Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Just got Sidekick 2008 and it has a few issues. Help?

Just got the Sidekick 2008 and there are a few things I cant figure out.



1. When I first turn it on, its goes to the main menu for a second then a new screen pops up. It says %26quot;Waiting to register for data services. A welcome screen will appear within 24 hours after purchase. If it does not, power your device off, then on. To bypass this screen, press (the button in the top left corner, with the three horizontal lines) and select 'Phone and Text'. You will be prompted to register later.%26quot;



So I bypass the screen, but what is it trying to register? This happens every time I turn my phone on.



2. Whenever I get a text, my phone does not ring or vibrate. I went to the settings and set a ringtone under %26quot;New message alert%26quot;, didnt work. Then I went to settings%26gt;sound profiles%26gt;repeat pending alerts and reminders and set a ringtone, still no ring. WHat do I do?



3. In my inbox and sent messages folders, it doesnt say the contacts name, only their number. I made sure the numbers were correct, which they all are. Then I tried adding the number into the adress book again, still didnt work. I turn my phone off and back on, no change. How do i fix this?



Any help is appreciated!!!!Just got Sidekick 2008 and it has a few issues. Help?The first two issues happens when you do not have the Sidekick Data Plan. You have to purchase the data plan through Tmobile. As for the messages you need to ensure that you have the area code along with the number.

No comments:

Post a Comment