Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I set a downloaded ringtone on my Sidekick 3?

I downloaded a new ringer from T-Mobile on my Sidekick 3 that I just got today, and I can't figure out where I go to do the ringer settings. I don't want to have to assign a separate ringer to every person, I just want that one downloaded ringer as the sound for everything. Also, how do I change my text message alert ringer too?? I'm sure it's something very simple but this phone is really starting to confuse me. Thanks for your help!How do I set a downloaded ringtone on my Sidekick 3?Check this online user manual. I would suggest that you bookmark his page for future reference.



http://help.sidekick.dngr.com/en-us/



In order for you to be able to change the ringer on your sidekick for all incoming calls: press MENU then select Settings %26gt; General. The Settings screen opens, the third box is listed as Incoming phone call ring and there is a list of the ringtones. Scroll to the one you downloaded and then press the done key -- located on the botton right of your sidekick (has an arrow)



To change the alert for Text Messages, follow the steps below:





1. From the Browse Messages screen, press MENU then select Settings. The Settings screen appears.



2. In the second group box, you can set your New message alert. Select the pop-up menu to open it and see all the possible ringtone categories from which you can select.



3. If you do not want to be notified of a new incoming message, select None.



4. If you do want to be notified of a new message, then select from one of the possible ringtone categories. To view the songs for a particular category, press the TRACKBALL with the category highlighted and the submenu opens. To dismiss any of the submenus, press DONE . To preview a song, keep the song highlighted for a few moments (make sure you haven't silenced your device).



Note that the category/song currently in effect is highlighted.



5. To select one of the songs for your ringtone, press the TRACKBALL/Track wheel when the song is highlighted.



6. Press DONE to save your settings.



Let me know if you have any questions.



Good lcuk!

No comments:

Post a Comment